Here are some of the basic and highly effective exercises for
- Barbell Squats:
- Stand with the bar on your upper-back, and your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down by pushing your knees to the side while moving hips back.
- Break parallel by Squatting down until your hips are lower than your knees.
- Squat back up while keeping your knees out and chest up.
- Stand with your hips and knees locked at the top.
- Barbell Lunges:
- Place the barbell across your back in the same manner as normal Squats.
- Step forward with your right foot and sink into a lunge, so both legs are bent with your back.
- With your knee as close to the floor as possible.
- Drive yourself back up and repeat on the other side.
- Dumbbell Lunges:
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand. Hang your arms at your sides. Palms should face the thighs (hammer grip). Feet should be a little less than shoulder-width apart.
- Take a big step forward with either leg, bending at the knee until the front thigh approaches parallel to the ground, landing on the heel. Inhale as you go down.
- The rear leg is bent at the knee and balanced on the toes. For the leg you step forward with, don’t let the knee go past the tip of the toes.
- Step back to your standing starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat the motion with the other leg.
Leave a Reply