Eating Calories more than you require to maintain your current weight will lead to weight gain.
In order to gain a pure weight, you need to follow a particular diet and continue with that, till you get the desired results.You have to increase both the Calorie as well as protein content in all of your meals.
I will suggest you the below food to include in your daily routine, in order to gain some healthy weight:
- You need to increase your caloric intakes by about 500 to 1000 Calories per day. Extra 500 Calories/day will help you gain up to one pound in one week.
- Eat your three main meal (breakfast, lunch Dinner) spaced about 5 hours apart. In addition eat two to three snacks a day in between meals.
- Snacks should be of high calorie such as milk shakes, yogurt, high carbohydrate food- banana.(Avoid oily, fried food)
- Eat more complex carbohydrates like whole-grain breads, pasta and Brown Rice etc.
- Never skip your breakfast. Include one eggs and fruit juice to your breakfast.
- Eat bigger than normal portions for your regular meals.
- Eat food with higher calories, Moderate fats, Higher Protein, Higher Fiber, Higher nutrition.
- Choose high-quality protein sources such as eggs, meat, fish, milk, seeds, protein supplements etc.
- Since most of the calories for weight gain come from carbohydrates and fats, do not replace them with protein.
- Eat starchy vegetables (Potatoes, Peas, Cauliflower, Pumpkin, Sweet potatoes).
- Consume nuts, calorie dense ripe fruits like Banana, dried fruits like dates as snack between meals.
- Eat the right kinds of fats. Avoid Trans-fats. Add healthy unsaturated fats in moderation such as olive and canola oil, nuts, seeds, peanut butter, avocados to your diet.
Also, going to gym or exercise will surely help to increasing your muscle mass, but always remember Gym/exercise only constitutes 30% in healthy body development rest 70% depends on the diet you take.
Hope this helps.
Thank You. 🙂